View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recurrence and Withdrawal

Hello all, I'm new to posting but an avid reader of this forum. I am a 24 year old male

On December 4th 2011 I suffered a nasty concussion skateboarding. Went to the ER and was observed for 2 hours then sent home. No scans were taken. I suffered brain fog - emotional instability and sleep issues for 2.5 weeks before they spontaneously resolved and I Felt %100 - It felt like I had a new lease on life.

Fast Forward to March 1st. I was out sailing (a Laser for those who are interested) and I received a small smack from the boom on the back of my head. That afternoon the feelings started to creeped back in.

Its now March 9th and I feel like I have made no progress. I quit both smoking tobacco and marijuana 4 days ago which i used to do quite regularly. I am in full blown withdrawal. Ironically, the tobacco withdrawal is hardly there (It feels masked by the brain fog) but the insomnia from the marijuana withdrawal is getting worse by the day.

My question\quest for hope is this. Do you think I am shocking my brain chemistry by quitting 2 substance cold turkey in the middle of my recovery.

Secondly, if anyone has gone through this (%100 recovery with a slight hit to cause a recurrence) did you recovery a second time? How long did it take?

It goes without saying that if I recover from this there will be some major lifestyle changes. No more smoke, no more skateboarding and I'm ok with that. Twice is enough to show me that I must be brain centric for the rest of my life.

Please some words of hope, I hardly go a day without a breakdown.
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote