View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Needing your help!

My user name is rap59. I am a 52 years old. I am a wife, mother and grandmother. For the past 12 years I have been living with the debilitating and chronic pain of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in both of my arms and hands. I am on long term disability with W.C.B. and am presently in yet another appeals process with them. On October 18th of 2010, they stopped paying for my medications. After three years and far too many painful procedures endured, my doctor and I finally found medications that at least helped me to somewhat endure the constant and devastating pain that is now my day to day reality. The medications were/are narcotics and were approved by W.C.B.. Without any warning or even consulting with my doctor, they quit paying for the medications even though they had approved them and had been paying for them for seven years at that time. They insisted that I begin their tapering off program but were unwilling or unable to make any suggestions as to what other medications would be suitable to aid in the managing of my pain after I was "tapered off" of the narcotics.
My personal doctor has been both a blessing and a God send! She has been supportive and willing to take on W.C.B. in regards to this latest arbitrary decision make by them for me. The difficulty is that they are once again using a "psych assessment" that had been done by a Dr. Darlington of Calgary, Alberta which basically stated that I was an individual predisposed to addictive behavior, a chronic liar and abuser of the system! When that assessment had first been added to my W.C.B. file, I had reached out to a W.C.B. chat room. At that time I found numerous individuals who had been given the same assessment by Dr. Darlington word for word, page by page! It is my hope that these individuals or anyone else, for that matter, would be willing to send me an e-mail or a letter to confirm that this Dr. Darlington in using form psych assessments over and over again in order to discredit W.C.B. recipiants. I know how huge this request is to ask of anyone let alone from someone that doesn't even know me but I am desperate to the "crazy making" tactics that W.C.B. is so proficient at putting us all through! I would not expect anyone to reveal their true names or any personal information beyond that of testifying to your own personal experience with Dr. Darlington as well as excerpts from your own assessment which will confirm my allegations of "cookie cutter" assessments being made by this "doctor"! My own personal assessment was 35 pages long and I would love to compare my assessment with whomever is willing to compare it with mine.
So, that's it! In the meantime, I wish you all peace and the courage to continue the endure, endure, endure!

All my best,
rap59
rap59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote