View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Two comments...I'm not a doctor, of course, but I am an experienced diabetic.

First, if you eat a lot of carbs, which come in many unlikely forms, yes, you may have temporary highs (however you personally describe a high), but your pancreas is the regulator and as long as it does its job and brings the reading down to normal, with in an hour or two, you should not be concerned. If you monitor your glucose in the morning before breakfast and two hours after a meal, your normal blood glucose level should be less than 110 mg/dl, which is my goal upon getting out of bed each morning.

Second, is this saying that I possibly developed Diabetes, which is now regulated by a minimum of one injection of slow acting insulin (sort of a CR effect), and by one to three injections of regular insulin a day, because of Parkinson's. They both started about the same time.

My biggest enemies are NOT what one would consider sugar items, such as candy, chocolate bars, ice cream, etc.

My biggest enemies are concentrated juices (e.g. orange juice...I never drink anymore ), rice, potatoes and BREAD!

Suffice it to say my pancreas and I stopped communicating well long ago!! Maybe my pancreas developed clognition too.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote