View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinsfan7 View Post
...I have developed this shortness of breath every once in a while. I have never passed out or hyperventilated from it, but it was never there before the concussions...

Yeah, for a couple of weeks following my concussion in 2009, I was developing a similiar issue where I felt hypoxic for about 30 seconds, like I wasn't getting enough oxygen, very similar to hiking at high elevation (above 12,000 ft)

I tried to explain this to my posse of neurologists and my naturopathic doc and they looked puzzled. Same deal, had a cardiologist run a full battery of tests, tilt table, EP study, came out clean.

Sounds like more of the same process of elimination with you as well. Good that what they've checked is healthy. I haven't had that problem since late 2009. Call it healing?

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote