View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarie18 View Post
thanks for your reply... I did have an mri, I have 3 herniations in my cervical spine and one in my lumbar. I had an accident back in october. I spoke with the neurosurgeon office today. They dont want to do surgery bc my spinal cord is very small and the fluid around it is very little, one wrong move and it will paralyze me...Also if the discs herniate more and compress on the cord I could also lose functions, which I already have in my right hand, and have my thumb, pointer finger and middle finger numb, or sleeping. They want to me to go pain management b/c I will be on pain meds long term, and they can not do that. I do not understand, I do not want to be on pain meds for the rest of my life b/c im a liability with the size of my spinal cord and fluid that protects it. There is no light at the end of this tunnel. I feel like if I knew ok im having surgery and will be out of pain a month later, that would be a better answer. I may get a second opinion.
I am also worried about this pain management situation. All the Dr.s are doing it cause the DEA are cracking down on Dr.s that are prescribing narcotics/opiates and they think that you might take your prescription and sell the pills on the street. Its basically an issue of your Doctor not trusting you. What gets me is that they are forcing you to take medication even if you dont need to take it. So I guess you cant get a script anymore that says " take as needed for pain" Instead, if the script says "take 1 pill 4 times a day" then that means you have to take 1 pill 4 times a day if you need it or not. Because when they test your blood/urine you HAVE to have a certain amount of the prescribed drug in your system or they think that your selling it and they will stop writing you prescriptions and cut you off and remove you from their clinic. THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG and we need congress to change this system!!!
oldcarp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-01-2012)