View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

windseeker,

The value of vitamins and other supplements are to make up for the lack of adequate nutrition from our modern processed food diets and the accumulation of toxins in the brain. It is not a placebo effect.

B-12 is known to help with anxiety/hyper-vigilance. It is a part of the many nutrients that help the blood brain barrier remain strong. The blood brain barrier is like a blood filter that protects the brain from toxins. The rest of the vitamins and supplements all have important functions. You can get all of these nutrients from a good diet but you would need to eat huge amounts of some foods to get enough to help an injured brain.

Your complaints of the things you want to get back to is classic. They are all of the normal symptoms of concussion. <(Video games, watching movies, hanging out with groups of friend etc) > These are the things you need to avoid to recover. Some of us never regain an ability to immerse ourselves into crowds with lots of voices. I have to be very aware of 'voices' overload and leave the environment quickly. I use foam ear plugs to help me endure crowds.

Your foggy feelings are your brain struggling to function at full power. It is clogged with toxins that need to be cleared. Think of a car trying to run on dirty gasoline.

Hope you understand the importance of getting your brain clean. You have a history that leaves even more toxins in your brain.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baultista (03-10-2012)