View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Oh that is so sweet! I can appreciate that feeling Idealist, I am glad you posted about it. My son weighs too much to be picked up anymore at ten but he likes to lean on my lap such as it is and I put my arms around him as he balances on my one knee and thigh. I miss holding him, I nursed him until he was just shy of two because of the reports that breast feeding helps with preventing certain cancers and it runs in the family, so I wanted to give him the best start I could. I attribute a lot of his affectionate nature to the close binding we formed due to the nursing.

Sometimes when I look at him I still see the cute baby he once was and I miss holding him. It's a comforting feeling when I hold my arm around him on the couch and look over at him and see the baby he was, it's really a nice feeling. I know he liked being held a lot too, and he likes it when we sit on the couch with him like that. When he was a baby I could hardly put him down he'd cry to be picked up again. I know it's really a primal urge to want to hold our kids like that, so it's great that your daughter reconnects with you like that Idealist. I was sitting here seeing it in my mind as you described it. Thank you for posting, I really appreciate you sharing what you did.
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote