View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Laugh Just scheduled my sleep study...

So I am really excited about getting this over with so I can get one of those machines that will help me sleep better. I woke up last night a few times again and it's so frustrating! I can't fall back to sleep easily and so it's really frustrating me. I wake up tired the next morning and I don't feel rested at all. Then after I take my meds I don't feel so bad, but man I am tired of feeling this way!

My mother just had a sleep study done and they found her oxygen saturation dropped to 78% and she actually stopped breathing for 52 seconds! So she is getting one of the cpap machines today and hoping that this will help hr to feel better. I think it will help her a lot because they woke her up and let her try one of these machines during the study because of how low her oxygen went, she said it was the best sleep she's had in years!

Do any of you have a cpap machine and use it nightly with good results? She said it wasn't loud and the mask made her feel a little claustraphobic, but she did get over it and did fall asleep. I hope it will help her with a lot of her problems, like how she's been so stressed out and tired all the time, she could sleep 12-15 hours on the weekend and still wake up tired. I have been really worried about her and the fact she did the study encouraged me to get mine over with.

How many of you had sleep studies done and found you had apnea? I know I have it because my hubby video taped me and I stopped breathing for a good while, I doubt my oxygen levels will dip into the seventies though because I quit smoking over a year and a half ago so I think my oxygen levels will be low but not as low as Mom's were because she's still smoking...I am really excited that I am going to get this done finally, I didn't think my insurance would cover it but it does so I am going to get this taken care of soon, two weeks from now I will be getting it out of the way and that feels great!
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote