View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Returned to work - Is this normal?

Just wanted to throw a question out there, not sure if the protocol was to keep going in the same thread.

I just finished week 14th of PCS and started working again on Monday as an easy back strategy from home. Taking small breaks 5-10 minutes every hour and resting at lunchtime for 30 minutes. Although I had come a long way and was able to watch TV, read/focus, did my tax returns and surf the computer (video games still a big no no and TV/Movies with action). I found this week somewhat difficult.

I work in IT so avoiding the computer is somewhat difficult, I have been approved for disability if required but I would much rather get my salary and I like my job.

This week I noticed feeling pressure/tension around the temples, back of the head/top of neck and my rear teeth on the top half of my jaw. Also I noticed some fogginess and sudden loss of thought. I had to go to bed at 8pm a few nights and even today on my day off the symptoms are not going away. Now I can still mostly function however but unfomfortable.

1. Is this a sign that I could be making things worst?

2. With all the time I have spent on the computer and no symptoms I am trying to determine the trigger if it was concentration, visual stimulation of a screen. The other which is different while I work is access remote systems, when done remotely the screen refresh/display behaves a bit slower and may affect the refresh rate.....thoughts?

Any advice?

I am still trying to figure out what the optimal rest, lighting and work scenario might be for me. Currently I am trying an LCD screen filter to see if it helps, but even now I feel the back of my head tightening as I type. Driving is also another issue, I started driving not too long ago again and although fine I noticed with all thawing in the spring these rough roads seem to irratate me a bit.

Another theory is the possibility of a neck injury, I have alot of neck pain or strain and have been getting chiropractic treatments that have been helping but they don't know for certain.

There is a physio therapy clinic about 400kms away that specializes in balance, dizzyness and PCS. I called them up and they said they have dealt with quite a few people with PCS, been thinking about checking them out.

Otherwise still optimistic.....spring is almost here!

SG
srgallan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote