View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default A surprise discovery at NIH

The clinical trial that many have spoken about involves physical and mental testing first off then on - then u you take a tapping machine home and do tasks once a week that goes straight to them thru a flash drive. One clinician said i could take any med that wasn't for pd. That gets to be a gray area when you talk about klonopin [my spelling] and xanax.

Anticipating this trial has caused anxiety because i have such painful , debilitating dystonia in the morning. i laid in the tub in hot water - which reallly helped even before i took one pill pill a clonazapam/ i also took my synthroid.

i was locked but nothing like i usually am. i could do everything they asked , including walking , turning around and walking back. they said my scores off were so low they were almost normal range and attributed it to the klonopin , PT and exercise.

best of all, they asked the doctor and he said for me to take the klonopin everytime. the clinician told me when i was off ,she felt it more on the left[good] side tthaln the right.[bad side]
my left side always is worse than my bad right side when i have dystonia. nowconfirmed thru physical exam.

ok here's the real spelling of the med: clonazepam. it is antispasmodic for one thing.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 03-10-2012 at 01:34 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
toyL (03-13-2012)