View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello July

Hello July. When I lost the weight I did, it was not so much counting calories, as it was watching what exactly I put into my mouth. I did some simple changes in the "whole" way I looked at food. For example, I cut out those things I knew to be bad for me, like soda, margarine, oils, and fatty foods. No fast food restaurants. It isn't that hard to start small, and then gradually add some foods that are very good for you. I ate an apple before my dinner. I added fruit and more fresh stuff. I did cut out most pasta and white bread.
I tried to increase the amount of water I drank. I also learned not to inhale myfood so fast. I slowed the whole meal down and chewed each bite. I got fuller so I ate less. Once your stomach shrinks down just a bit, you can reduce your portion size. I remember when I ate a whole steak. That same steak today goes for three meals. I know this isn't exactly what answer you are looking for but it is how I did loose 65 pounds and kept it off now these past 4 years. You can PM me for some really fantastic food ideas to put into your diet. For example eat oatmeal, the steel cut variety. I also make alot of mexican dishes, black bean and corn buritos, Yum. I'll help any way I can.
Start your breakfast with a glass of water. Eat a piece of fruit. followed by a good portion of oatmeal. This starts the day off really good. I do wish you all the best. It is about the way you look at food, that helps you to change you habbits little by little. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-28-2012), NurseNancy (03-11-2012)