View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your help, I will definitely try those stretches! where did you learn how to do a 1st rib manipulation? I have been told to avoid that just until all the tests are done because knowing my luck all the tests would show up negative then b/c of the temporary relief I get from my osteopath.

I first visited him in October and got relief until December. Thought it was a once off thing that wouldnt occur again. By the end of Jan it got to a point where I was having 3 app's a week and getting a 1st rib mobilisation each time. He felt there was "something more going on" and that I should get the Doppler done etc as he felt he could do no more for me, unless he moved in!!!!

I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this, giving your knowledge of TOS.Is it possible for NTOS to cause extreme discolouration and coldness? I was aware it could cause some amount but not to the extent that I have? ( arm looks dead and extremely cold)
I noticed a difference in pain levels when I was on aspirin and praxilene and lyrica makes no difference to the pain whatsoever but my consultant doesnt think it is vascular TOS and is leaning more towards NTOS, whereas my osteopath is adamant the subclavian artery is being compressed??

From reading the posts on here I have learned that even though this feels like it has been going on forever and I have been messed around so much, that it is in fact a quite straightforward story in comparison to other TOS sufferers,( leaving out all the complicated bits of the story that came to dead ends that is). My life has been put on hold the last couple of months as I cant do anything in college without the use of my arm plus the pain obviously. Vascular TOS seems to have a better treatment outcome so I actually "hope" that I have an extra rib that can be removed and then all this be over,rather than finding no cause.Here's hoping.[/B]