Thread: Books: Got too many books?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The bulbs need a high level of phosphate to make flowers.
Also if not enough sun, after bloom, there will not be flowers next season. I have this problem with some tulips, that are in semi-shaded spots.

But if the bulbs get enough sun on the leaves after bloom and still do not make a flower next season, it is because of low phosphate. You can use inorganic --if you can find it---since it is often hidden because of "bomb making" potential. I have found
the bone meal less helpful.

Our yard gets depleted by the old large trees, so I tend to fertilize more than most people. One year we had a service come to save an old oak...they had a power rod that went deep into the ground and they then shot high content fertilizer into the deeper soil. You should have seen what that did to our yard! It is still now after 5 yrs, still grooving along!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-10-2012)