Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My story

Hello everybody!

Well, here is my story:

My first concussion was in December, 2002. I hit my head on a dryer door, fell on a floor, didn't loose conscience, spent the 24 hours sleeping, was fine after tnat.

Second and third concussions happend three and four years later (2005 and 2006) Got all "standart" symptoms - headaches, foggy brain feeling, felt lightheaded and like life isn't worth living. However, I was perfectly fine within a month in both cases, no setbacks, no reminders of concussions.

My forth and the most horrible ( for me) concussion happened in June, 2011. Hit my head on a metal rail, was unconscious for a few minutes. I spent the whole summer recovering, was completly fine by September, absolutly symptom-free. And that's whn it has begun...

I get all of my symptoms back every time I hit my head, even when it's a situation when a normal person will rub his/her head and forget about it in 10 minutes - I have to spend2-3 weeks recovering, which I'm doing righg now.

Hit my head on a kitchen cabinet 5 days ago.
Symptoms: light-headed, noise-sensetivity, foggy feeling, headache, troubles concentrating, feel like I have a huge hangover and I don't drink alcohole anymore...

What I'm taking:
- B12, 5000 mg a day
- vinpocetine for my memory and Cognitive function
- d3
- glycine for insomnia ( works amazingly)
- omega-3

Question: We have a family vacation we've been waiting for a long time planned in te beginning of April. What else can I do to make sure I'll be fine by that time? To reschedule it is not an option....

Thanks!
Marina22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote