View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

srgallan,

I used to get random headaches all the time prior to the amitriptyline. Different parts of my head. Sharp pains, dull pains, randomness! Being at a party or around crowds would magnify headaches as well. I still get headaches sometimes for no reason or in crowds but no where near as frequently. I have been on amitriptyline for a few months so it's hard to tell if it's just the drug masking things or if I'm making progress. I did have a major setback recently where I was exercising and went too hard. Regressed but after a few weeks I'm starting to gain confidence to start back up with light aerobic activity and yoga.

My Samsung 2033SW home monitors definitely give me more strain than my Dells at work. I have the brightness down very low on both. 60Hz or 75Hz refresh doesn't seem to make a difference. I think f.lux helps but I can't get it working on my Ubuntu machine at home. On Windows 7 it works great. I've thought about trying a display with 120Hz capabilities, but then again this has been my new hobby for the last 7 months. Spending money on all sorts of different things to make computer use more comfortable for me. Lots of trial and mostly error.

Mark in Idaho mentioned the ice. Also try putting the ice pack on forehead/temples when you get a headache during your breaks or before you go home from work. This will dull them out a little bit.

baultista,

Good advice. I'm pushing my monitors back right now!
TooStressed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote