View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here and new to dealing with pcs looking for advice

I guess everyones story starts somewhere. I wrecked snowboarding prob going upwards of 40 plus mph witch I landed backwards and the impact threw my head into the snow I was knocked out but didn't realize it my memory was shot so this is my second concussion first very minor went away in 3 days all though mine got better after the first week only 3 days later it came spiraling back with even worse systems

I am one week 4 almost 5 currently and realy starting to get the emotional anxiety and stress from it not Wong able to work is a big one but one day or a couple some times I start to feel better I get things done around the house get out of the house just to realize the reality when the next morning I awake and the whole room is shaking I get blurred or shaking vision for majority of my days have noticed all symptoms are at there minimum for the day mid day nights and morning are terrible

I have countless headaches and still have tension headaches from a torn back muscle I got 7 months ago it won't heal either but that's another subject workmans comp worse pain I've ever had a few broken bones and sprains and my back tops them all 100 percent since it was a bwc claim I got treated terrible and no test just it would heal 7 months later it still will either pull or retare from work I'm a 24 year old mechanic so back is involved bent over much but none of the doctors would even suggest pain meds I dunno if its from new laws or what every other injury they've always offerd but none will now and I always tell them how much pain it causes

it's been the most stressful time of my life 1 month after back injury my best friend sine 15 and was current roomate died in a car accident so Ive already had by far the hardest time in my life and now to add on this is just to much luckily I have afflac but it only will cover up to a few months and is only 65 percent of my normal pay so not only am I annoyed of not feeling good day after day laying down the majority going insane possibly but then the financial stresses

I've tried to go back to work on my better feeling days and not made it through half the day considering my job dosnt have an office setting constantly standing I get dizzy nausea but I think the worst is anxiety and stress I'm guessing causing my sleep disorder like right now 8 am and still can't sleep some nights I sleep 14 hours without waking up some just 5 or 6 but always feel worse with less sleep

I just want advice memory still not sharp forget little things but not unmanageable reaction time still slow I can notice from video games are alot harder but I can play and it not make me sick it actualy seems to help most the time I dunno if it's cuz I'm focused and using my brain or simply not worry about how I feel

my gf thinks i lie just to play but it is quite boring at home atleast 5 days a week not evening leaving my doctor has just now 3 day ago agreed with me that I had pcs after I researched n seen all my symptoms on there I knew about 2.5 weeks in he put me on preslosone or whatever it's called a steroid but it's making me feel worse

dunno what to do emotional wreck physical wreck mentally and back and not using my back as often makes it worse my doctor did prescribe me bubetanol for tension headaches from back causing me no sleep but only worked for a month and if I take more it just makes me tired n isn't helping headaches even before concussion

I just don't know what to expect a month in and notice I'm pretty much the same my whole personality has changed I snap at little things and hate that cuz I was I'll temperd growing up and learn to cope n fix it now I can't controll it but somedays the old me is back and I feel ok get laundry and little things done

I'm just worried like anyone exp if it's long term if I can't work would disability approve me and I've heard its a long process for most people I'm scared to loose my house an things because I can't pay my bills so that dosnt help and I know Ur not suppose to stress but saying and doing is another I already was stresfull before concussion

I'm just looking for ppl with advice and just to talk as I think it will help me cope some it's also hard to get coworkers and friends to understand how real and serious it is alot have had concussion and never had pcs tell me I'm a ***** and to be a man I want to punch them cuz this is the worst thing that's happened to me mentally added with worst physically (back) so both play a role nice to see u guys come together for people

my names Justin and look forward to hearing from you sorry for typos and no punctuation I'm typing from iPhone an my heads messed up thanks for reading

Last edited by Chemar; 03-11-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added paragraph spacing
Jhovattz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote