View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Scott,

I'm sure you know this, but I have to say it: don't increase your Mestinon dose without your doctor's OK. It can be dangerous. If you take too much, it can make your symptoms worse, and if you really take too much, it can put you into crisis.

If you talk to your doctor about taking more Mestinon, he will probably suggest that you take the pills closer together instead of taking higher doses. Mestinon has a short half-life, which means it leaves your system quickly. Ask you doctor if you can adjust the timing of the dose you're already taking. For example, if there's a certain time of day that you usually get weak, you can make sure that you have the full dose of the drug in your system at that time. Or he might tell you to try four or five doses a day instead of three. I think most neuros start with the doses six hours apart, but many of us take Mestinon every four or even every three hours. There's also a time-release version that works for some people who have troublesome symptoms at night.

Best of luck with your next course of IVIg! I hope you get more than a week out of it this time. I bet you will.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Scott_S (03-11-2012)