View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

that is why it is suggested to always titrate off such medications very slowly and preferably under professional supervision. It is an enormous shock to your system when the withdrawal is too fast.
Hopefully members with more knowledge about this specific drug will be along soon to offer more advice

I know that when my son was being withdrawn from SSRI meds, it was a very lengthy and still traumatic experience. He found having epsom salts baths each night very helpful...2 cups epsom salts in a tub of warm water, soak 20 min
Hot lemon juice (boiled water with fresh squeezed juice of one lemon, with or without honey to taste, also helped him with the nausea he experienced.
I realize this is a different class of drug, but maybe those tips can bring some soothing

Do be careful about self medicating as you could be opening up a whole new Pandora's box!!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-12-2012)