View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi old carp

I know the problems with getting SSD. You are not alone in that. Most lawyers don't get any money unless you get approved. If you have to go to court, that may be the best option. I was turned down three times, and then with only a word or two at my hearing, I was granted the disability. These days it is hard than ever to get benefits. The system is overloaded. Your lawyer was suppose to keep things moving long, but submitting your paper work in a timely fashion, especially if you were given due dates. don't fear going to court. It may be what has to happen. I had to re-submit too, several times over. Also go to the Social Security forum if you get chance and start reading some of the posts there. There are people who know a whole lot more than I do about SSD. The system is hurting, and it is very slow in approving people. Sorry you are going through all this. I lost every dime I had while waiting for my benefits to go through. I certainly understand how you feel. There will be others to help answer you concerns. sunday is a bit slow, lots of folks are with their families. take care, you are not alone. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
oldcarp (03-11-2012)