Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Marina,

It sounds like at least part of what is stressing you out and making you anxious is that you feel like you're having trouble keeping up with your duties to your family. This is very understandable.

You might try educating your children (and your husband if necessary--not sure how much background he already has) on the type of injury you have and the ways in which it limits you. Mark usually has some good suggestions regarding material for educating family members. One thing I've seen him recommend is the youtube series "You Look Great!": Inside a TBI. I've watched this series and I think it does a really good job of introducing the layperson to mild TBI and spicing it up with video clips, illustrations, and such.

As much as we may want to help others right now, especially our family, there's only so much we can do. It's easier on us if both we and our family members can realize this.

Take care.

Pete
Marina22 (03-11-2012)