Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The link to the You Tube video series is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Xso...ature=youtu.be

The TBI Survival Guise is also great and at www.tbiguide.com

The vitamin and supplement therapy takes weeks to months to see a real difference. It will come in slow increments. It is best to add stress reduction to it.

You may need to find a way to reinvent your life. The TBI Guide explains many of the symptoms so you can teach your kids about what is going on. It is very worthwhile to apply as m,any brain cells as you can to understanding you condition so you can explain it to others. With a good understanding, others can become more tolerant and supportive of your limits and needs.

I explain how my neurologist looked at the tracing of a AEP (Audio Evoked Potential) and commented to me, "You hear everything! How do you tolerate that?" He could tell that my brain was trying to process the full range of sounds rather than filter out the sounds that were not of value, like background noise, etc. My response was, "It is my biggest problem. I often use foam ear plugs."

When describing my memory dysfunctions, I explain that if I am driving and stop at a stop sign where the crossing traffic does not have to stop, the first thing I do is look to the left. I will notice where those cars are. Then, I will look to the right and notice where those cars are. Problem is that I have already forgotten where the cars from the left are. I have virtually no visual immediate or short term memory to remember where the traffic is around me.

As a result, I do not drive in congested traffic or on my bad days.

If you need some help with ways to explain your symptoms, post here and we can try to work out an explanation that others will understand.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-12-2012), Marina22 (03-11-2012)