Thread: Sweet relief!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko1221 View Post
Well I'm now 6 days out from my first block and the pain/immobility is back. I am crushed. I was euphoric Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday - even though I was still in some pain, it was NOTHING compared to what it had been. But, Wednesday night my pain started to increase and I had lost the ability to move my toes again. I told myself to go to sleep and when I woke up it would be better again... it wasnt. It was worse! And each day since it has increased. Today I'm back to the orginal pre-block pain. I hate it! I dont want to accept it! I dont feel like I can accept that this is something I'll struggle with for the rest of my life! I just cant! I just dont know where to turn and what to do next! I have an appointment with the pain doc on Tuesday, and I assume he'll want to do another block - and I will, but I want more! I want this over with! I feel like I've lost it! I actually sit and yell at my foot. I tell it that its fine! There are so many options for possible RSD treatment, but I've found that most do not take medical insurance. I do not have the money, as much as I wish I could pay for Ketamine, or some of the other treatment I've read about, I cant! I'd rob a bank for it, but since Im either on crutches or in a wheelchair, I doubt Id make it out before the police show up - and since my husband is a police officer I doubt he'd appriciate me breaking the law. I just feel like I've reached a whole new low in desperation... I feel hopeless and broken... I feel lost. I dont know, sorry Im just ranting now! For those of you that have suffered from this years and still manage to survive - youre my heroes! I've only had it for coming up on three months and each day Im unsure how I'll even get out of bed!

Hi Neko, so sorry for the pain you are experiencing and how you are feeling. I have had RSD for 20 years now. When I was first diagnosed with it in the right side of my face, the drs I saw treated it very aggressively. They did nerve blocks weekly and also treated me with medications. I went into remission for 13 years. The fact that you received several days of relief from you first block is great, and promising.
In 2009, I injured my right hand and it can back there and spread. I was misdiagnosed so it was at least a year before I received the first in a series of blocks, it was too late for them to help I ended up getting two spinal cord stimulaters, which have helped me greatly. I have regained the use of my hands and arm, which has allowed me to continue working.
I know how you are feeling. There are many times that if feel discouraged and like I am lost and alone, luckily I have a great husband...he is the only one in my life who really gets it. NeuroTalk has been a great find also, you will find some great advice and fantastic support here.
Don't give up on your treatment because early treatment is the key to it being successful.
Good luck to you!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote