Thread: Kratom
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellySC View Post
I am new to this site but came across this post today. I have researched Kratom like crazy. I bought some of the leaves for tea and I had to drink so much for it to make a difference. What kind do you take? How much? And do you have neuropathy pain? I have neuropathy in my feet and the pain is so severe that if I do not take my pain medicine I am bedridden. I really want to take Kratom faithfully but would love to talk to someone who is taking it too. THANKS!
I read so many good reviews about Kratom, so I researched & purchased some from a provider who assured me that he had even taken it himself for Chronic Pain. I have had RSD for 10 years now, along with Cancer and many other chronic & acute diseases. I take Morphine for the pain & have for the majority of this time. I take Morphine for PAIN CONTROL ONLY! I do not want to take anything that causes me to lose control of myself OR feel "High".

All Kratom did was make me feel high ... And I guess I didn't feel as much pain, but it was mainly because I felt "Stoned". I got back in touch with the place where I purchased it and was told that the way I was feeling was the goal.

My goal is not to get a "high" from a "natural" remedy. Marijuana is a "natural" plant. I merely want pain relief, but I want to still be in control.

Kratom was a disaster for me. BUT, I am only one person & this is my opinion. Find a knowledgeable M.D. and follow his advice. There are many alternatives to narcotics if that is your issue. I personally had some success with anti-seizure and anti-depressant meds. My advice is to stick with a Reputable M.D. Who KNOWS RSD. But as I said, this is my opinion based on 10 years of trial & error. Good Luck with whatever avenue you choose
yiisd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote