View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, I am sorry you are having problems after surgery but if the Dr. does not know how to evaluate all the different aspects and disorders related to Chiari a lot of people end up like this and having redo surgeries because there surgeon did not know what they were doing or enough about Chiari to operate. Did they ever check you for EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome)? Also CCI (cranio-cervical instability) can be the result of EDS. Did they do a standing MRI to check this. Also what about TC (tethered cord)and syringomyelia? Then there is the retroflexed odontoid they need to check for with an X-ray and you tilting your neck back as far as you can during the X- ray and tucking it down too. Also do you have Scoliosis? This disorder is so multi-faceted and a lot of surgeon do not know that. Please feel free to ask me anything and I will try my best to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRuckus View Post
I had my surgery 2 months ago and have had some not so pretty complications and im looking at having them do the surgery over again in a few weeks. I feel the exact same way as Pam regarding feeling guilty and helpless to helping out financially with the household. I feel like I should be back at work already and every day that passes I feel more and more guilty about not physically being able to help out. To be honest, it's nice to know that other people feel the same way - even though it's not a nice feeling.
dtwaitmh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mdr1216 (04-05-2012)