View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I have the same clear liquid too but it to me with all my symptoms is a new normal. Yes it does sound like it could be the Chiari causing problems but know that a lot of the times Chiari is a multi-faceted disorder with other disorders in combo with it. EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) {no you do not have to have stretchy skin to have it either or be hypermobile there are many forms of it} Go to EDNF to read them. It is seen in combo a lot with it which can cause CCI (cranio-cervical instability). CCI can cause a lot of symptoms, headaches, etc. like chiari when it might just be the CCI. Also there is TC (tethered cord), SM (syringomyelia) and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) which is seen alot with the EDS and Chiari. Please feel free to ask me anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viksta View Post
Hello I was diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation just prior to Xmas. I had numbness loss of sensation and coordination down my entire left side. 2mri and a CT later they couldnt find any cause but founf chiari 1 malformation. Over the past few weeks I have been pretty good with the exception of a weird salty taste down the back of my nose/throat and then yesterday I had the worst day couldn't stand up without losing my balance and the head pain/pressure was horrible. The worst part was this taste all day dripping down the back of my nose and throat could I have been misdiagnosed with Chiari when I actually have a spontaneous CSF Leak? Or I read that the pressure can create a csf leak? Any help would be appreciated I live in Australia and the knowledge of Chiari here by Neuros is not that great I am afraid :-(. Thanks for reading Viksta

dtwaitmh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote