View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post ACDF extreme pain

Hi all...and new to this...

Firstly had back/spine issues for 5 yrs, pain, pins and needles, loss of mobility, dexterity...the list goes on. For the most part has been lumbar region (L2-L3, L4-L5,L5-S1) and then recently when seeing neuro surgeon after an MRI found I had severe/extreme/serious(his words) herniations at c5-c6 and c6-c7. Proceeded to have ACDF with plate. The herniations left no fluid around the spinal cord and spinal cord was severely compressed is why surgeon was hot to get me on the operating table because of the risks of paralysis etc.

Realizing that this was only two weeks ago, however, (as typing this taking forever to stop etc) 5 days ago began having such extreme horrible pain in right shoulder all the way down to hand so bad I am in tears. Take my pills and gets the pain down to a 8 or 9. I cannot do anything even walking just ugh pain. Surgeon said during discharge the next day after surgery that I must inform him of increased or different pain. So I did. He and his nurse said this will happen and it comes and goes with time. Ok...i never felt pain like this before the surgery so why now....

Anyway maybe this is just a rant (thanks for reading), I see the surgeon again today, and we find out what he thinks next steps could be....I am not giving up
cwhiplash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote