View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
that is why it is suggested to always titrate off such medications very slowly and preferably under professional supervision. It is an enormous shock to your system when the withdrawal is too fast.
Hopefully members with more knowledge about this specific drug will be along soon to offer more advice

I know that when my son was being withdrawn from SSRI meds, it was a very lengthy and still traumatic experience. He found having epsom salts baths each night very helpful...2 cups epsom salts in a tub of warm water, soak 20 min
Hot lemon juice (boiled water with fresh squeezed juice of one lemon, with or without honey to taste, also helped him with the nausea he experienced.
I realize this is a different class of drug, but maybe those tips can bring some soothing

Do be careful about self medicating as you could be opening up a whole new Pandora's box!!
I want to than you for your response. Please excuse my typos as I am still,groggy from the Xanax. I finally feel asleep after adding a half ofa clonazipam my husband uses for his occasional vertigo. I slept til pone woke me at 11. I am sorry to put you all in th eposition of trying to give advice about such an important life concerning issues for someone yOu donq't even know. It is hard to say what one will do in another ones shoes. I do appreciate your tips and if I do feel well enouGh once I can get up to try the epsome salts and the lemon I am sure going to try it?...sorry still so out of it...will respond to all later and I thank you from bottom of my heart!
Graclyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-12-2012)