View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Herbs

Great idea Laura. Good luck with the book.

I'm going to stick to herbs rather than other important supplements I take, however, there is still the overlap between herbs and foods. For example, garlic, which I try to eat as often as possible but also take in a supplement form. Also, I wasn't sure whether to include oils from plants which are an important part of my arsenal.

So, with all that as prelude:

1. Green Tea (camellia sinensis) at least 1 cup daily for flavanoids and EGCG.

2. Senna- used predominantly as a laxative (damn sinemet) and stimulant

3.Curcumin- 1-2 G. daily- primarily used as anti-inflammatory, anti-plaque, anti-amyloid as well as supporting MAO-I properties, BDNF properties and neurogenesis.

4. Milk Thistle (silymarin) 150 mg daily. For liver and kidney support while taking PD meds and masive amounts of ibuprofen. Also supposed to increase Glutathione levels.

5. Evening Primrose Oil 1 G. daily for gamma- linolenic acid and Coconut Oil 1t. daily for lauric acid- and Fish Liver oil 1 T. daily (definitely not an herb!). All for their essential fatty acids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Hi,

I am working on gathering resource (article mainly) for a book project whose audience is PWP. I can't include every single thing we have tried on the forum, so I'd like to get a sampling of what your top five (or less) herbal supplements are. Please incude things you have been on consistently for 6 month or more.

Just post them here. Thanks!

Laura