View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default weird neuroligical symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduane_ie View Post
I have been unwell since jan 2009 starting with dizziness/clumsiness along with extreme arm weakness/pain, dropping things, un-coordinated, extreme exhaustion and once I couldn't sense/feel? legs while walking down the stairs. Shooting toe pain and blurred spaced out vision. Left eye feels sore. These episodes happen between 6 and 9 weeks and can last anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Basically i feel like I am drunk. I was referred to ENT consultant who had 2 (non-contrast) MRI's done which were normal. I recently saw a neurologist who told me that my neurology exam was normal. He proceeded to tell me that I have (as do about 50%) of his patients unexplained symptoms and that he would see me in a year. He gave me no solution to help eleviate symptoms and basically said that it would probably go on for a long time. He told me that I did not have any of the serious illness such as Parkinson, Stroke, brian tumour, Multiple Sclorsis, Cancer etc. However he did not order any tests say to rule out MS like MRI of spine nor lumbar puncture test.

My question is based on symptom history, 2 normal non contrast brain MRI(from ENT consultant) and normal neurology exam can he definitely rule out MS for example. Also if he is telling me that my symtoms are not due to anxiety or depression and he does not know what causing them how can he say that they will go on for a long time and what is the point in seeing me in a year if nothing can be done about them. Totally upset and baffled. Should I get second opinion??
Does anyone know if there is another test that definely rule out MS because I have been having Optic neuritis and I have lost my sight in my left eye I have episode of leg weakness and waking up and unable to move. I drop things. I have weird sensation when I wash my hair that make my whole body shake. I have no feel that I have to go the until it is ready to come out most of the time it is to late. I have problems with my memory. I have had a spinal tap MRI CT scan and lab test and the DR. was only able to tell me that I have optic neuritis and my bladder retain urine and I am only 33 yrs old.I have pain in the palm of my hand and I have numbness in my legs. the MRI of my spine it showed a herinated disk that they said was not pressing on the nerve. L1 L2 L3. I just don't understand what is happening to me.
concerned7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote