View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
I don't know the particulars of your case. IF you had been approved at this time, would your lawyer have received the MAXIMUM payment amount allowed by SSA? Sounds like your case is a "home run". In other words, WHEN you get to the ADJ, you most likely WILL win. And, THEN, your lawyer probably WILL get the MAXIMUM allowed. So, this feet dragging in regards to your records may be as simple as "somebody" just wanting to get as much money as possible.

My lawyer, bless his heart, was NOT like this. He got me approved in less than 3 months on reconsideration (2nd try) -- and got less than $1500 for his effort (25% of my backpay) -- worth EVERY penny!!!!!! (I think the lawyer max. allowed by SSA the year I got approved was in the $6000/$6500 range.) Honest, ethical lawyers ARE out there!!

I think you'd probably be in a mess if you tried to change legal teams now -- but, I'm not a lawyer -- and don't work for the SSA. I just know that STRESS is bad for all of us. I'd have a "heart to heart" with your lawyer -- and LAY IT ON THE LINE. If this is what is going on -- you NEED to know. Maybe this is just LEGAL STRATEGY in your area -- maybe this is the way he/she was TAUGHT to handle disability cases.
You are correct about stress.If fact I am writing this from a hospital bed cause I started having bad chest pains and shooting pains down my arm The doctor said it wasn't a heart attack but their keeping me overnight for observation and stress tests tommorow Thank god.My wife is stressing out now.That is exactly what family members are saying bout this lawyer.He is dragging it out for the money.I am scared for my wife and kids. I plan on going to the SS office when I get out and give them all the documentation my so-called attorney was supposed to.THANK YOU for your support. God bless everyone
oldcarp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote