View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I praise your soberness. I do disagree with some things; first, if your ex-wife sat with you every day, 24/7 and did not want you to drink... did you drink in front of her anyway? If so, then yes, other actions need to be done, but I think you didn't disrespect her, and you drank when she wasn't around. Okay, maybe you drank when she was around, did she just sit there and say 'oh wells, may as well watch him drink." Did you drink when you got 'rid' of her so she wouldn't be around? If that was the case, that is my point. She needed to stick closer to you. I can tell me, if I don't want my dog to chew rawhide, and I watch her all the time, even if rawhide is next to her, she isn't chewing rawhide. If i turn my back, she may go for it, but if I am watching, then no chew for you.

Isn't it that simple, or what do I miss. If you are going to explain, be simple and logically (I am a simple man with a TBI and memory problems, may not remember this post)... Be gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
I have been sober and going to AA meetings for 22 years..I also went to Al Anon for 7 years..and I have seen and heard alot....And I can tell you from experience that you are as powerless over someones drinking as they are..Making them feel uncomfortable will just cause them to do their drinking somehow or somewhere else

Anyone who drinks at 9:00 am has got a problem

My ex wife used to argue everyday about my drinking, and I just went about my business, and started an argument if I had to, so I could go to the bar..At the end of my drinking, I just walked out of the house without saying a word..I could have cared less what she thought about it

The alcoholic/addict has to come to their own decision, in other words, it HAS to be their idea to quit, and get help, and unfortunately, most die as a direct result of this disease, rather than with it

I dont mean to be harsh, but this is the reality of addiction