View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Migraine Prevention

Hello- I just joined site this to address your post. *edit*

As you know, migraines are a chronic disabling disorder. Guidelines from the experts are clear that anyone with two or more debilitating headaches a month, as well as anyone with significant neurologic complications or a prolonged headache that responds poorly to acute treatment (like Imitrex, Relpax, etc) should be on preventive measures. Prevention is poorly encouraged!

*edit*

I always tell patients the ABCDEF- Apnea(sleep), biofeedback(relaxation), Caffeine (avoid), Diet (regular healthy eating), Exercise, and Fluids(>50 oz).
Often not discussed is the fact that several natural supplements are approved as level A recommended prevention choices. These include B2(riboflavin, Magnesium and Feverfew. THere is good data on Co Q 10 as well. I had compounded this through pharmacies for patients for years *edit* I will take off my salesman hat and suggest you review all information about prevention, from lifestyle to supplements to prescription meds through a doc. Getting comtrol of your migraines makes all the difference.

Stay well!

Last edited by Chemar; 03-13-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Guidelines on links by new members and no advertising allowed
Migraine Away is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-07-2012)