View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Frankly, to give a patient albuterol when they don't know exactly what KIND of CMS they have is malpractice. Yeah, I'm pretty opinionated on drug abuse. Why? There are CMS's that albuterol could make worse!

BTW, you are not a guinea pig and to treat a patient like that - without proof - is, well, you don't want me to say what I think it is.

I take Flovent (steroid) for my asthma. It helps my MG. My asthma is well-controlled but my MG is not. So it's quite logical for me to continue the steroid due to my MG. Now that's a sensible medical decision based on facts, clinical history and results.

Mike, you know I don't mince words. I think that taking a new drug right now when you aren't doing well is playing with fire. Plus, Albuterol can make you quite shaky. Your body can get "hooked" on it and withdrawal may be very hard.

If he knew CMS's so well, he would know that they are not all the same and there are even differences between the three basic types (not enough ACh, too much ACh and no ACh). No, I'm not an expert either but I've done enough research to know when something isn't logical or sensible.

In the end, it's your choice. I know you want to feel better. It's been tough for you lately. I don't want it to be harder, that's all.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 03-13-2012 at 06:29 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote