View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there! I have been having migraines and bad headaches since I was a kid, I am now 45. I also am on hormone replacement therapy and have been since the age of 29, so that was never a cause of mine. A lot of people will say that they don't like Topamax, but it did wonders for me. I was on it for years and it cut my migraines down drastically. I was just taken off of it because it became ineffective, they tried Elavil but I couldn't tolerate it.

I have a baseline headache every day, have ever since I can remember. When it gets worse I take Fiorinal, when it is heading towards a migraine then I take Amerge. Amerge works incredibly for my migraines. I took pretty much all of the migraine meds and they did nothing - Zomig, Maxalt Relpax, every form of Imitrex, etc...Amerge is the only one that works for me!

Another thing that my Neurologist recommended is Butterbur, it's natural, and Magnesium. I have not tried them yet because I just got my first series of botox injections for my headaches/migraines. It is early to see if it is going to do the trick (been less than 2 wks), but I have not gotten an "ice-pick" headache since.

Good luck!!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (03-14-2012)