View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emom View Post
When I told her that I will see what I can do maybe getting her in with a new psych, also asking if maybe she would be open to going to a hospital for maybe a few days where they could evaluate and get her meds started and correct, she didn't hesitate and immediately said YES, I want to go away for a little bit, I think I need that.

I am concerned that just making appointments with a new psych and starting down that road is just going to be another time waster since it's not as intensive as I think she needs and we need everything evaluated at once to get her on track. She's failing every class and it's affecting her self esteem, but she can't seem to dig out of the hole. For instance, she has an 18% in English, her strongest subject. She cannot go on like this.
Hi,
It is important for her to have some say so in her treatment. If she agreed to go to a new psychiatrist, take her.

Can you take her out of school? I would hate to be sixteen and miserable and have to go to school as well.

Getting a diagnosis and the right treatment sometimes takes many months. She will need a good psychologist with lots of experience in bipolar to help support her lifestyle and medication changes.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-22-2012), Dmom3005 (03-24-2012)