View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 05:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
I don't know anyone personally but I have read many success stories on thoracic disc surgery. Most people I believe opted for neurosurgeons over orthopedic surgeons. Also I have read that surgery is only done as a last resort in that area. What are your symptoms? Who have you consulted? What conservative treatments if anything have they tried?
Well I actually found out by mistake... I went to the dr bc my right leg and knee was swelling ... My left leg was fine.. Did an MRI and found out I had 3 herniated disk L4 L5 S1 N1.... Set up for my lower lumbar epidural ... While I was meeting with the dr I expressed pain in my upper back( at the bra strap up) so I asked for a MRI of that area... Had it done on a sat and was called that mon... ( the dr called from home) "SHE STATED... YOU HAVE A VERY SERIOUS SPINAL CORD HERNIATION" ...with that said I was scared to death... Found a neurosurgeon who is highly recommended and is great at this portion of the spine... I have always has numbing and tingling in my legs feet hands and fingers... Through the years never been able to find out why... So my MRI showed a spinal cord HERNIATION .. I do have nerve damage that can not be reversed ;( there are really no other option other then surgery since I
Have symptoms already... If I don't get the surgery i will lose my ability to walk;( that is not the chance I am willing to take and have 2 girls who I would love to be there for... Just found out surgery is may 17... I have quite a health history and have to be cleared by cardio...pulmonary.....pcp...etc...
I have had trouble finding things online and or finding things out about people who have had it done... I have had many surgeries in my life but NEVER one this serious... I would love and appreciate any helpful info you have....thanks so much!
mommyof2grls is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote