View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Usually for skin/surgical procedures they give Cephalexin (Keflex) or another newer version of it. Or Augmentin.
These don't show up on lists as neurotoxic. However...the penicillins used LONG term like for Lyme, may have consequences long term on mitochondria. Short term use however, should be ok.

I'd clean those areas well for several days, with rubbing alcohol as well, to prevent any staph infections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
Dear Mrs D - and hopefully Glenntaj will read this too...

I had the preliminary visit with doctor who will do the skin biopsy to me (he is the co-author of a paper which glenntaj posted in one of his posts - from Shands Jacksonville).

I will have my skin biopsy on march 26. He told me that I will have to take antibiotics after. After reading your thread on antibiotics causing neuropathy I am concerned taking any antibiotics.
In your opinion and glenntaj's too, is it necessary to take the antibiotics or can I forego or are there antibiotics that are "safe" to take without affecting the nerves?

I appreciate your feedback.

Btw, the neuro asked me to take glucose tolerance test. I don't if this will help, I have never had problems with my sugar. Will update you.

Thanks again.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote