View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

I believe (as I construe it, and mommyof2grls will have to verify/correct my interpretation) that this is a spinal herniation - a herniation of the cord itself - rather than a herniated disc impinging on the cord.

Folks here know how conservative I am about surgey. I think this may be one that is warranted; damage has already been done with a very poor prognosis if not corrected.

mommyof2grls, if you're the 4th patient to have this procedure (does that mean 4th currently in line, 4th by this surgeon, at this hospital, in this country, or ever?), there may not be very much available online to non-professionals. You may be able to get a pointer from the surgeon or ask your PCP to find something for you (they have access to sources we, as patients, don't).

I do find some articles by searching: spinal herniation surgery -disc -disk
(the "-disc -disk" eliminates results for disc herniation)

HTH,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote