View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default try asking about LEMS

hi I don't know how to use this , but your symtoms are identical to mine.I was diagnosed with lambert-eaton myasthenic syndrome two years ago.I have had alot of success useing diaminopyridine(DAP) good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by segardin View Post
Hello,
I have been avoiding forums and counting on the medical system, but in Canada, it takes so long to get results, and appointments.
I have been sick for 1 year now and have only decided to seek help from a neurologist in January. My Grandfather had Myasthenia, and I'm just not sure if this is what’s going on with me or if could be something more simple.
Last March I began having dizziness, that progressed over months until the end of November, when I began having trouble walking. I walked VERY slow, sometimes coming to a stop. I finally went to neuro and they discovered weakness in my legs and arms. My Leg weakness is almost my constant companion. It increases and decreases in severity, sometime is goes away all together. I find walking distance (walking to work in the morning) very difficult, I get weaker as I walk. My knees bending further and further as I walk….people stare…I was a runner, running 25km per week. Now I cannot walk around Wal-Mart without a cane. My arms do not bother me to much. My MRI came back Negative. I was clinically tested for Myasthenia, looking up at my neuros finger, testing my smile. I have NO head or neck, eye or swallowing, or chewing difficulties. My Neck is strong. Has anyone’s Myasthenia started out like this? Getting out of a sitting position is hard. I even feel as though my Core (torso) is very weak, when I have bad spells, my core contracts downwards, almost in a bending over motion. At night I am having difficulty breathing, taking very deep breaths ( is that what difficulty breathing feels like). It’s keeping me awake. I am 107lb, and was ALWAYS very healthy. I’m scared when I go back to the neuro he is going to send me to a physiologist. My symptoms’ are weird, on and off and are ruining my life. I’m too young to be sick. I want to go back to running. Any incite, with your experience would be wonderful.
Thank-you
ejh2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote