View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Hi Dea,

There were 5 pages of posts in the last thread and I think many of them were quite helpful, particularly in regards to testing. There are many causes of swallowing problems, so it would best if you had more testing to first identify the exact nature of the problem...then causes might be easier to figure out.

Ok, I saw it but none of that actually helped a lot...sorry..

GERD, neuropathy are among the causes. Here's link to Mayo's site on difficulty with swallowing. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dif...SECTION=causes Hopefully, this will be helpful.

I saw that earlier... quite helpful but also scary...

I have problems with swallowing...due to neuropathy. Water and thin liquids are worse then foods. I just make sure my head is not tilted back when taking a drink. I was told by a physical therapist to keep the chin tucked downward to help with swallowing problems.

That thing keeping the chin tucked downward... I actually realized it for myself... it does help and I am kind of more sure of myself that food is actually going where it supposed to go... don't you think so... it kind of relaxes the whole throat..or is it just me??

I know this can be scary, but anxiety about it might be making it worse. I would ask for the swallow study (with the flouriscope) I mentioned in the first thread.
Thanks, I know my scary thoughts are making it worse...but I cannot help myself sometimes... That is the main reason of my coming to this site... Find people with who I could share my problems, fears,...etc.

Also, I am going to make barrium swallow test tommorrow morning... can they tell anything about the problem after they do it?? I also read that pn can cause such problems... I am sick and worried with all that...
Sorry if it gets annoying...

Last edited by dea1238; 03-14-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: missed puting the sentences into en block's post..
dea1238 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote