View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Usually for skin/surgical procedures they give Cephalexin (Keflex) or another newer version of it. Or Augmentin.
These don't show up on lists as neurotoxic. However...the penicillins used LONG term like for Lyme, may have consequences long term on mitochondria. Short term use however, should be ok.

I'd clean those areas well for several days, with rubbing alcohol as well, to prevent any staph infections.
I will take note of the name of the antibiotic you mentioned.

I will clean the areas very carefully after the procedure....what about cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide?

Oh, I am so glad that you are not taking either Gabapentin or Lyrica. Even how seemingly confident the doctors say about the safety of these medicines, but in the long term use, it will have side effects on the total well-being....that is what I am worried about. But, right now Mrs. D, it will be totally unbearable if I dont take Gabapentin. I hope the supplements will do me good just as they do good to you and to others. I am sad that I could not take the R-Lipoic at this time due to my abnormal thyroid function. I have been now referred by PCP to an endocrinologist to manage my thyroid.

Thank you so much.....
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote