View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default "Single Point" Transient Tingling

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place, wasn't sure where it should go. This is met first post.

About 10 days ago I started getting these strange sensations that I can only describe a single point tingling things. Like a single pin, but not painful, or stabbing, just like a single nerve ending is looking for attention for a few seconds. I would get usually 1 at time, and it would last 3-5 seconds and then be gone. Another might occur within a minute later in another spot or not at all (face, hand, and/or foot) . I only seem to get them when I am not involved in something that has me completely engaged, like watching TV or something. If I am feeling them while going to bed, they seem to lessen as I fall asleep and theny have never woken me up, and I don't ever seem to have them when I wake up. Maybe an hour or 2 later while at work.

Being the worrier I am, I thought I should let my PCP know and he checked me out, my balance, strength, and coordination were all OK, and just to be safe now I am the one getting an MRI with and without contrast this afternoon. He is almost positive nothing will be found but he wants to err on the side of caution. I told him I thought this was the stress of my wife's current medical issues (and multiple other stresses) finally manifesting themselves in me, which he believes is certainly possible.

Deep breathing and relaxing seem to make the sensations lessen or fade, or even stop when they are happening, and with them disappearing when I go to sleep I am pretty sure they are stress-induced phsyco-somatic in nature. The more I think about them, the more they seem to happen. All very strange.

Any thoughts/ideas?
NeoGeoH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote