View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mike, if you have a congenital myasthenic syndrome, then maybe the medical histories of your affected relatives will help the doctors figure out some of the details. I know there are all sorts of congenital myasthenic syndromes, and they cause different sorts of malfunctions in the neuromuscular junctions--and each kind of malfunction has its own group of typical symptoms. Maybe if the doctors use clues from your relatives' medical histories as well as clues from your own, they'll be able to narrow it down somewhat.

Does that make sense? For example, if your mother, her two sisters, and your sister all have it, doesn't that make it more likely that this is a dominant trait? If all of you didn't have symptoms until you were older, shouldn't that be a clue? And did all of you have the same symptoms as your first noticeable symptoms? That sort of thing. I hope they are interested in you. I hope they're fascinated by you. They should be.

Give my greetings to your sweet wife (she doesn't know who I am, of course, but I admire her a lot, how she gathers and processes information for you, and keeps on top of everything. It's a very concrete expression of love. That's the kind of wife I want to be).

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote