View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Pain Meds Stolen - in withdrawal

Hi there. I've been on 325/10 Hydrocodone & 30mg Kadian for a number of months. Kadian dose 1x daily & the Norco as needed - sometimes 3 a day & sometimes none for 2 or 3 days depending on activity/pain level.

Well.......my meds were stolen last Saturday (only the Kadian & Norco) and it's my PM doctor's policy not to replace lost or stolen medicine.
Luckily I had (15) 20mg Kadian from an earlier prescription and my Cymbalta & Nuerotin. Dr said I need to rely on these until my next RX is due on 4/2.

I'm not really having any pschycological withdrawals but am experiencing headaches, weakness, heart palpitations, sweating, insomnia and pain (though not as bad as I thought but I'm laying around alot.)

An article on Livestrong.com :Middle Symptoms of Withdrawal says...
"The sympathetic nervous system is known for its ability to rouse an individual in the face of danger--a response that is sometimes called the "fight or flight" reaction. Drug withdrawal causes a progressive increase in sympathetic activity, leading to middle withdrawal symptoms. These include irritability, shakiness, restlessness, insomnia, poor appetite, dilated pupils, chills and goosebumps."
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/20...#ixzz1p85amUZt

1. Will this create any long term problems related to CRPS?

2. I reported the theft to the pharmacy/police on Sunday & my PM Doc's nurse on Monday morning. The nurse called me back with message from the Doc "You just have to use the 20mg; no med replacement."
Shouldn't they have advised me on the symptoms I would experience and how to home treat them. What do you think???

3. Any advice on easing symptoms? Especially the palpitations? This is a little scary for me.

I guess the bright lining to this is I will get to reaccess where I am and what meds I really need at the end of it all.

Sorry so wordy....Hope everyone out there is having a reaaly good day.
AlishaE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote