View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you so much everyone. I so appreciate this since I am so in the dark.

I just know that I've been having a really tough time and wish that this medication was an overnight cure, but apparently it's not. The depression, fatigue, tiredness, chills are overwhelming. And I'm not sure if the synthroid has anything to do with this but boy have I been 'itchy'. Scratch, scratch, scratch. Especially in the evening at bedtime. And I feel very 'spacey'. Don't know how else to describe it.

I'm concerned now that he started me on too high of a dose, but he was really adamant about starting at 100 mcg. And he knows how I am with at least antidepressants. He has always started me on low doses of medication...at least since he figured out how I was with the ADs. So I was somewhat surprised when I said....So, doc, I assume we are starting me on a lower dose. NOPE. And he was pretty darned firm about taking the levothyroxine instead of the Armour. Something several of my friends totally disagree with.

So I don't know what to do but keep doing what he told me to do and hope this crap gets better sooner than later.

Oh, and on my own I decided to take it upon getting up in the morning. Not sure if that is the right thing to do. Taking it at bedtime...well, my sleep hasn't been this interrupted in a long time. And jittery!!!! Feels like that awful restless leg syndrome.

I so appreciate all of your ideas and suggestions, I really really do. Who better to learn from than people who are experiencing the same things in life.

sigh...I just feel so off and have been feeling that way for the better part of the last year. The chills are really something! Drive me nuts. \

Thank you dear ladies.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote