View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear what you are having to go through. I had a really nasty flare over a year ago (which led to spread and a whole lot of not fun stuff) when I ran out of meds because work comp would not approve a doctor's appt with a new doc when mine decided to retire. It wasn't any narcotics or anything either...just suddenly stopping meds that I had been taking for a year to help control my RSD. So I can sympathize even though I have never been in your exact situation. Not sure how much I can help with your questions but I can certainly try to give you my opinion.

1. I would imagine that going through withdrawal will put you through a lot of stress...both physical and emotional. I think most of us know from experience that this can cause flares in our RSD...which can sometime have long term effect. Hopefully not...it sounds like you are dealing with it the best you can. Just keep this in mind and remember to take it easy.

2. I certainly think the doctor's office should have advised you on what to expect with withdrawal and what maybe you could do to minimize the effects of it. At the very least advise you about when to seek medical attention if it got really bad. It doesn't surprise me that they didn't because I am a bit negative about the medical profession in general after my own experiences...but I certainly feel like they SHOULD.

3. I have no idea...but I agree that doing a web search might come up with some ideas.

Take care. You are so right to at least use this situation to reassess your meds and what you really NEED.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote