View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks for the well wishes you guys. I really do appreciate them and all of you.

Once I feel better I will start looking at what options are available and what might work for me. I spoke with a friend of mine today that has MS. She takes Avonex and seems to do well on it. She's going to come by tomorrow to visit and I'm so thankful for that.

I still have the muscle spasms in my legs so taking the Ativan is going to be a regular thing for me now. I hate the idea of it and the neuro said we can talk more about that when I see him in a couple of weeks.

I have not had to do steriods for several years. In fact, this is only my 3rd time ever doing IV steroids. I was in a study at one point where I took 1 gm orally for five days every 4 months or so. The IV ones get me. And, they got my stomach tonight. I'm so tired but so bloated from the steroids I can't sleep. Prilosec should kick in soon, I hope. lol Ativan should kick in soon too.

Again, thank for your well wishes and advise. And, Debbie, I've been avoiding salt and drinking lots of water. The poor nurses at the hospital had to keep refilling my pitcher up and emptying out their "measuring system" in the restroom. But, I know that water and fluids is the best thing for me right now.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-15-2012), barb02 (03-15-2012), Debbie D (03-16-2012), Koala77 (03-15-2012), NurseNancy (03-17-2012)