View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Kelly

Welcome to the forum!

The support here is fantastic, as we all have been where you are and we know exactly how you are feeling. Hopefully that in itself will help to make you feel a bit better. When I got my unit over 2 yrs ago I was desperately looking for feedback from others who had SCS's. This forum has been a lifesaver.

One piece of advice I would share is, try not to get too wrapped up in the 'negative/scary' stories you might have read about. It's good to be aware of all the angles of this, but try to remind yourself of how you've got to this point. If your pain has affected your quality of life and you've exhausted all other modalities, then this might just be the thing for you. That's what the trial is all about.
If you have confidence in your doctor and he is experienced in this, then do the trial and see if this might be something that can help you in your pain management and give you back a life.
There are many folks here who will gladly share their experiences. Meanwhile, feel free to cruise thru the threads here and you'll get a good idea of what to expect, how to prepare, managing recovery, etc.

It's great to have you here!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kelly0514 (03-21-2012), Mark56 (03-15-2012), Nanc (03-15-2012), Rachel4444 (03-15-2012)