View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I am glad you're having the barium swallow. Hopefully it will include thin liquid, thick liquid, pill, and cracker...all under flouroscopy. If so, the radiologist (not just a tech) will be right there watching the test as it's performed. This way results are immediate.

PN can cause difficulty with swallowing. He should be able to give you at least some thoughts on what is causing it (due to your history) after he sees what type of problem you're having. Don't try to correct the problem (tucking chin) during the test. You want the problem to present itself during the test.

Please let us know how you do and what the doctor says.
En Block, first of all, thank you for caring...

I have done it...Only with liquid stuff (white and awful) standing, lying on my side and on my back... Radiologist says that exam finding will be finished tomm. p.m. in paper... In not so much words what he told me that all is ok... I swallowed it with no problem really..he said that my stomach is lowered (??) and that could be one of the problems generally... that I am too thin..need to stop smoking and get some weight...
All in all, I will be smarter tommorrow when I see it in reading...
I am paranoic maybe..he said that everything is ok... would he tell me immidiately if he found something..bad... what do you think??
dea1238 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote