View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Kelly! Welcome to NT, a place that I have found great information and support.

I went through my trial June 1, 2011 and then had two SCS implanted on June 29. I have both cervical and thoracic stims. Mine was also for RSD, pretty much all over. The procedures for the trial and the permanent were painful, but THAT pain is only temporary. As Rae said, do not get wrapped up in all the negative stories. There are plenty of success stories for SCS implanted for RSD.

I was literally at the point of losing use of my hands and regained it because of the cervical SCS. I couldn't even raise my left arm, but can now! The thoracic SCS...there have been a few issues and they had to go back in to change out the percutaneous leads for paddle leads because they moved. Paddle leads are supposed to be more stable. We are still working out some things with that SCS, so I can't crank it up like I really need to...BUT I can keep it on a lower frequency and I am getting more relief than I ever did before I got it.

I went through many different treatments- blocks, PT, drugs, etc. I couldn't tolerate PT, blocks didn't help this go around and I cannot tolerate most meds and so on. I was so nervous when I had the trial and permanents implanted. But I knew where I was at this point in the game and I trusted my dr. I knew what I had to do for me. This has helped me greatly and it is the best thing I have done.

Wishing you the best on your upcoming trial!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kelly0514 (03-21-2012), Mark56 (03-15-2012), Rachel4444 (03-15-2012), Rrae (03-15-2012)